The ISO 9001 standard is the quality management standard. It provides guarantees in terms of organisational quality within any type of structure. ISO 9001 certification consists in proving that a continuous improvement system has been set up within the company.
The ISO 9001 standard is based on the principles of quality management:
- Customer orientation: knowing how to adapt to the needs of your customers
- Leadership: Management assumes responsibility for system performance
- Collaboration: involve the company's employees in the objectives
- Process approach: managing resources and activities as processes
- Evidence-based decision-making
- Management of stakeholder relations
The philosophy of this standard is therefore to take into account:
- The context of the organization, its products/services
- Its risks and opportunities,
- The performance of its system,
- Monitoring and improving customer and stakeholder satisfaction
Through this certification, the company anticipates and reduces potential internal dysfunctions. It measures the effectiveness of these services in order to determine the performance of its organization. This allows it to implement a logic of continuous improvement. This recognition also allows it to become competitive on international markets.
Quality approach on Migale platform
The quality approach followed on the Migale platform has the following general objectives:
- streamline and control the platform's processes in order to optimize the services offered,
- to perpetuate and disseminate the know-how and best practices of the platform's members,
- fine-tune the functioning of the platform; measure the effectiveness and relevance of the actions carried out,
- improve the service provided to users, anticipate new needs in a constantly evolving field,
- encourage the development of scientific collaborations with the unit,
- obtain official recognition of the Migale platform at the national level to position itself as one of the reference platforms in the field of bioinformatics (Institut Français de Bioinformatique : IFB).